Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sushi Obsession.

>> Monday, December 14, 2009

It seems like most of my posts have been really spaced out. I've been super busy with the fall semester. But now it's winter break! So I'm really excited to start blogging for Herbal Tang. And I've become so addicted to sushi, I decided to do my post on sushi!!










Pictured above: Japanese style tofu & sushi from Niwana Hana. Dragon Roll's from Harris Teeter.

I have been an absolute sushi fiend, eating sushi at least once every week or more almost. Sushi is just so delicious, I guess I'm making up for the years that I didn't eat raw sushi.

Because I'm so obsessed with sushi, I decided to do some research to see how healthy sushi is. And even though sushi is a pretty healthy alternative.

"Three or four rolls, like California rolls, or if you have shrimp tempura roll or rainbow roll or anything like that, each roll would be 400 to 500 calories," said Mike Levinson, dietitian.

Of course every sushi house makes rolls according to their own recipe, but it isn't uncommon to get a roll with that many calories as a rule of thumb.

Levinson says people assume eating anything with fish is like a getting a free pass. Wrong. Each roll contains about a half-cup of rice, so if you have three - do the math.

True: fish is low-cal and protein-packed, but with thick sauces found in popular dynamite and rainbow rolls or mayonnaise in spicy tuna rolls, you've got high-cal extras.

For example, cooked crab California rolls and spicy tuna rolls average 350 calories, while soft shell crab spider rolls, and shrimp tempura elevate calories to around 500.

But if you eat sushi with none of the fancy sauces in it, and with a little bit of rice. Sushi really can be a healthy alternative that you can eat once in a while. It's especially important to find a clean and fresh sushi restuarant to avoid mercury poisoning and bacteria.

Ah, this post is seriously making me crave sushi. And I haven't even ate lunch yet.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

It is one girl's journey in Herbalife, and growth into adult hood. It's mainly a personal blog but it also talks a lot of Herbalife too. Herbalife, has been a main part of my life for fourteen years, and I am now using it to help build a successful business. So come and follow the ride. :)
hit counter

Followers

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP